Tuesday 9 January 2007

M253 Milestone 2

Well what can I say.....Milestone 2 appears to be going okay - despite the Christmas holidays taking a lot of people away from the course for a significant length of time and one of the team members having to defer things seem to be remarkably on track.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said that - and as punishment things will now go haywire - but it seems to me that the whole team is getting a lot more involved in this task, so perhaps the course does do what it intends to - despite the resistance of the students involved.

I have to admit that I can't understand why it is such an unpopular course. I realise that it is not the most stimulating in terms of actual computing, but it does provide the participants with a range of skills that they would otherwise not possess (if they are open to learning them that is). Perhaps it is my different background versus people who are primarily computer based in their academics that leads to this different perspective - who knows.

No comments: