Monday 5 March 2007

M253 - Is the ECA doomed?

Now, I haven't spent an awfully long time on this particular Milestone, mainly because I have been busy with work outside of the OU, but alarm bells are starting to ring.

We have until the 24th March to finish this thing, but the communication in the team appears to have stalled. The girl coordinating the group effort this time has done her best to rally around individuals - perhaps by emailing them outside of the conference - but it leaves the impression that the conference itself has stagnated.

Also of the two people that have been assigned to work in pairs with me, only one of them has contacted me. We had what I felt was some useful initial discussion but this too has dried up - worryingly without a resolution to the problem we were set. I send e-mails but don't have the time to spend chasing them up any more.

I am not sure what this means, but I don't think it bodes well for the team-generated component of the ECA. Perhaps I will have to rely on my individual response (a 1000 word essay covering 24 weeks of work - which is a bit rubbish!) to get me through the final hurdle.

No comments: