Wednesday 17 October 2007

The M255 exam

Well, despite the best efforts of Cambridgeshire conspiring against me I managed to both attend and complete my M255 exam - the second of the OU exams I have sat since starting my degree in Computing (B29) in October 2005.

I have to say that it was a stretch. The material covered was diverse, and was not quite as straightforward as similar questions from the previous years. I am confident that I will have passed, but not confident of the grade. We will have to see - I have no control over it now.

The OU forums are ablaze with people who really thought the exam unfair in its content and didn't have enough time to complete the questions. My personal thoughts are that this is largely down to exam technique - rather than a lack of knowledge - and teaching this technique is probably an area where the OU could do more to help its students.

No comments: