Saturday 16 December 2006

M253 - Milestone 1 - The Result

So the marks are back, and I have to say I am a little disappointed.
Despite dropping only 4 marks on the individual part of the assessment we only managed to scrape two thirds of the marks on the team-generated stuff.

As I feel that the team-generated stuff was the work of just two people anyway (and this was reflected in the mark awarded for team-work) it strikes me that our hard work hasn't been rewarded, and that some of the others have managed to get a passing mark for this assignment without really having done a lot to do so.

I feel that this is the worst case of 'grade entitlement' - and that people who registered for the course, and keep their interaction to a minimum, still manage to pass.

I don't suppose their is a great deal I can do about it - but it is quite frustrating.

No comments: